Friday, March 7, 2014

Dead People Oh Yeaaaahhhhhh

I made a new friend who is, surprisingly, not a dead person. (I say this because perhaps the title of this post has confused you.) She is another American student staying in our dorm and I will call her by nickname, not because I am trying to protect her identity, but becuase nicknames are way funner than real names. She looks MYSTERIOUSLY like Kristen Stewart (like it's freaky similar) so I will call her Kristen Stewart Who Blinks A Normal Amount (KSWBaNA for short). Anyway, we had an adventure today which did not include this:



 
Yea verily, beauty aboundeth
 
 
No, our adventure was to a strange and wonderful place called El Cementerio de la Recoleta. Or maybe that's just what I call it. (Bee tee dubs, I don't know how to make my computer stop aligning things to the middle of the page. So that's the haps on that.)
It is a GIGANTORMOUS aboveground cemetery FILLED with elaborate mausoleums. Because pictures are approximately  five times more awesome than just words (proven in a study in 2004), I will provide some happenin' photos from our wild journey along with commentary, which will be fun to write and possibly really annoying to read.
 
AND NOW
WITH A LITTLE FURTHER ADO
I PRESENT TO YOU
(DRUMROLL PLEASE)
THAT WAS THE ADO NOW THERE IS NO FURTHER ADO
 
El Cementerio de la Recoleta
P.S. I'm pretty sure you can click on the pictures to make them bigger


 
cat+ tombstone MMMM WOW lookadat juxtapose SO FANCY such photo skillz WOW


 
                                          Hallo welcome to Coffin how can i dead you


 
 who would even architect this what
 
 
 
he knows what's up.
 

 
mi amor Raquel y KSWBaNA jes' bein byootiful laydeez
 
 
 
whoopsies you almost got to see my luscious booty. just missed out

 
very fantasts

 
"I'm not looking at the camera. It's way cooler when you don't look at the camera."
 
 
view from above. Specifically, view from the patio of a McDonald's.

 
Sarah, what EXACTLY does this remind you of? I KNOW YOU KNOW

 
 CASUAAAAAAAAL
 

 
LITERALLY this is a pile of coffins stacked in a hole in the ground.

 
"Guyyyyys death isn't funny stop iiiit GUYYYYSSSS"

 
Me: *runs out of ideas*
Me: Rachel, make a caption for this picture.
Rachel: *scoffs* I'm not writing your blog.
 
 
cemeteries YAAAAAYYY

 
 
 
 And of course, the prerequisite pictures of Evita's grave. Surprisingly, it's not on a main thoroughfare and it's by no means fancier or more exquisite than the other mausoleums. If you're amongst the uninitiated (you heathen), Evita was the wife of Argentine dictator Juan Peron. She was known for advocating for the workers and the poor of the country and is still HIGHLY revered (note the flowers on the door)... in fact, two teenage boys crossed themselves as they passed in front of her grave.
My reason for visiting her grave was much more deep and spiritual: Madonna played Evita in the movie version of the musical. How could I NOT visit the grave of a famous person when I'm in the neighborhood? (eff why eye, this cemetery is about half a mile from our dorm.) CELEBRITY BY ASSOCIATION
 
 
JUST A FEW MORE I SWEAR
 
 
 
don't forgeeeet
 
 
i think the guy buried here was named astronauto

 
profesh

 
 Why Does This Mausoleum Have an Empty Chair in it Who Do They Think is Going to Use That Thing Oh My Sweet Goodness I'm Glad This Place Closes Before Dark
 
 
SWEET DREAMS
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment