Monday, March 24, 2014

For Grace, or "The Koi with the Human Eyeball"

An Open Letter to my baby sis:

Hi Grace! Hope stuff is going well at home. Heard you're doing makeup for the school play-- you're on your way to starting your career already! (You're maybe doing better than I am, heh heh)


Ah, there you are, you little goon
 
Remember that little purple doll you sewed for me? Whenever I leave home I take it with me-- to Costa Rica, to college, and now to Argentina.

Bet you didn't know I still had it!
 
Also I want you to see that I'm still wearing our friendship bracelet!!
 
Well, I took that little doll with me the other day when Rachel and I went to the Buenos Aires zoo. And let me tell you IT WAS SO COOL (although mayyyybe not quite as cool as that zoo where you can feed the giraffes) and I took some pictures of the doll with the animals. (It's not in all the pictures, though.)
 
When we walked in, one of the first things we noticed is that there are just these ANIMALS walking around.... CHILLING wherever they feel like it. They look like a cross between a goat and a rabbit, sorta:
 

Maybe with some guinea pig thrown in
 
Apparently they're called "Patagonian Maras." Which makes sense, because Patagonia is a southern province here in Argentina.
 
Our first stop within the zoo was the reptile house, but I didn't take any pictures of the doll there because I figured snakes probably aren't your favorite thing. The most interesting creature in that dark cave-of-a-building was:
 

Ew
 
It woke up and started slithering around a little, and it was a teeny tad bit scary. It looked super muscular. I can't remember if Kaa from the Jungle Book is supposed to be a boa constrictor or not... remember his weird swirly rainbow eyes when he tried to hypnotize somebody? (You've seen the Jungle Book, right? RIGHT????)
 
Rachel's favorite thing at the zoo was probably the elephant. She thought it genuinely looked friendly. It was really cool because it would use its trunk to scrape dust into a pile, then pick up the dust and toss it all over its wrinkly back. I was amazed that it could grab something as fine as DUST without having FINGERS.
 

 
 
I was like an animal paparazzi.

Leopard is Too Cool for School

"Please, no pictures."
 
Breaking news: Macaws "Just want to be alone"


"Honey, tell them to go away."
 
CELEBRITY CRIME: Rhinos double-parked!
 

Bwaha, butts.
 
Horriying koi has one human eyeball!


 
AAAAAH
 
And Introducing for the First Time:
VIDEO!
 
I really liked the seals. Someone bought fish to toss to them, and they just went BUCK WILD. (P.S. all those shrill shrieks in the background? Those were produced by, uh, someone else. Heh heh.)
 
I also liked the meerkats



LOOK HE'S DOING THE MEERKAT THING
 
And last but not least, I took pictures of this buffalo's head. Based on its hair, I think it must be a Joseph.
 
 
I took many more pictures, but this is a lot so I'll be done for now. Love you, Punky! Rock that makeup bidness!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment